1. Thou shalt not have commitments before FHN Drumline.
2. Thou shalt not make any graven images of FHN Drumline (without prior approval). Thou shalt not bow down to any other drumline, for we are a jealous drumline, visiting the iniquity of 10 generations of seniors and under-classmen who hate us, but showing steadfast love to those who practice religiously, play in tempo, follow dynamic levels, wear earplugs, resist hacking and follow thine commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take thy FHN Drumline's name in vain, for thou shalt be Rectified in return.
4. Remember thy performance day, to keep it free from ticking and smiling. For thy FHN Drumline made the show in 6 days, and shalt honor it on the 7th.
5. Honor thy instructors and section leader, that your drumming days be long in the show thy FHN Drumline giveth you.
6. Thou shalt not technically kill thy opponent, but a good scathing might be called for.
7. Thou shalt not crack a rim, or scratch the finish, or damage thy equipment in any way. (Oh yeah, don't commit adultery, either.)
8. Thou shalt have broken bones if thou steals.
9. Judges shalt not bear false witness against FHN Drumline performances (or discoloration of the score sheet may ensue).
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's drum, or his sticks, or anything that is thy neighbor's.
FHN Drumline Commandments written by Jeff Thomas, 93-97 alumnus.